- About Us
- Legislative Center
- Contact Us
A Membership Thank-You
By Dee Perez
NAPS New York Area Vice President
I want to extend my hand and gratitude to those who have accepted the challenge and taken on this very serious and important mission called membership. I have accepted the responsibility in New York as area vice president to explain the importance of membership to my members many times through emails and the Zoom and branch meetings and state conventions I’ve attended.
I’ve provided sample talking points through Zoom meetings and emails and nonmember spreadsheets to everyone in the New York Area. You all now have grown accustomed to seeing these materials on a nearly daily bases, at different hours of the day and night.
It is you—not me—who has taken this to the next level and is meeting the challenge. Thus far, you have signed approximately 243 new members. While our New York Area goal is 269, we will not stop once this goal has been met and exceeded because each of you participating in this challenge is doing it for the right reasons.
True, NAPS provided you the incentive of joining the High-Five Club, meaning five new members signed within 90 days will earn you an additional $25, plus a pin signifying your accomplishment to wear proudly. However, more importantly, you did it for all these right reasons:
1. To strengthen the financial standing of our beloved NAPS.
2. To bring more money into each branch’s treasury.
3. To add more voting power to each individual branch.
4. More members means, hopefully, more SPAC dollars.
5. Additional members allow the smaller branches to attend national and state conventions as a result of #2.
6. Additional membership indicates to the USPS we are stronger collectively and united as one, powerful voice.
I want to recognize 10 New York Area branches for their outstanding drive to sign new members: Branches 51, 110, 330, 27, 68, 100, 164, 202, 216 and 459.
A special thanks to Northeast Region Vice President Tommy Roma for giving me methods and ideas on how to go about achieving this task. This accomplishment is bringing comradery to the New York Area!